Monday, December 12, 2011

Apple Cranberry Fruit Salad

This is a delicious winter fruit salad. It's easy to make, colorful and people will be lining up for a second helping! It could even pass as a dessert with the marshmallows and cool-whip it has in it.

It's the perfect salad to take to your holiday dinner!

I think the original recipe is enough for about 10-15 people. I tripled the recipe last week and took it to a church dinner and it fed about 40 people.


Apple Cranberry Fruit Salad
2 cups raw cranberries - chopped (I just did a few pulses on the blender in small amounts)
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups diced apples
1/2 cup walnuts - chopped
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups mini marshmallows
8 oz carton Cool Whip

Combine chopped cranberries and sugar and chill overnight.

After chilling combine all ingredients.





2 comments:

  1. I just made this! It wasn't as sweet as my usual Watergate salad but is so tart and sweet. Of course it will be even better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was outstanding but I just realized I forgot the apple! Haha! Will definitely be making this again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails