Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Nativity Wall Hanging

A few years ago I spotted those glass block with the vinyl nativity on them and fell in love. It was the simplicity of the black silhouette that caught my eye, so elegant in portraying the miraculous birth of our Savior.

I immediately bought 2 sets from Say It On The Wall knowing I wanted one for myself and that the other would be gifted to my mom.

We lived in a tiny apartment at the time and I really didn't have anywhere to put glass blocks so I decided to take a different approach. I framed and hang them on the wall instead. I was very happy with the end result and still am years later.

Here's what I did (with no pictures since it was made several years ago).

* Cut nice white card stock and stuck the vinyl to it.
* Put them in nice, but inexpensive black frames.
* Used large red ribbon in long strip across the back, attaching with large staples (or small nails) and hot glue.
* Made and attached a nice big bow at the to.
* I hung it on the wall with a few small nails making sure they were hidden behind the bow.

Simple, Elegant and all about the true meaning of Christmas . . . Christ.

(Please excuse the fact that the frames are looking a bit beat up. We moved across the country twice since I've made these and obviously I didn't wrap them well enough. Maybe next year they will get a makeover.)




Vinyl can be purchased at Say it on the Wall.

13 comments:

  1. Great idea!...thanks for the link also for the Vinyl nativity!...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you buy these stencils online? I'd like some for using as an etching template!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What size picture frames did you use??

    ReplyDelete
  4. i absolutely love this! i must copy this. thanks for the link too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww how nicE! thanks for sharing the idea.. Im located in Australia, I don't think we can have the silhouettes here.. :((

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely LOVE this. I live in Ireland and these can't be shipped overseas. However I just bought a Silhouette Cameo machine, wonder if I could get similar images to cut??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marian,
      If you go here http://thescrapoholic.blogspot.com/p/digital-world.html
      and scroll down there is a free Nativity file. I think it would work. Her site is great.
      Daisha,
      I LOVE this-thanks for sharing.

      Delete
    2. Fantastic - thanks so much for this :) :) :)

      Delete
  7. LOve this. Just ordered mine on a Black Friday sale for 50% off. Great addition for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails